Microsoft has released Windows 8.1 as a free update for Windows 8 users. It is pretty straightforward to do the update and here is a summary of what you need to do;
- Press the Windows Key to get the Start screen and then select the Store tile.
- Click on the Update to Windows 8.1 free (it should be the first thing you see.)
- Click install and wait for it to download and install.
- When done you will asked to restart your computer.
- After the reboot the installation will finish up and then you will be up and running with the new update.