Did you know that running your computer with a full hard drive can slow down your machine considerably? This is where disk clean-up comes in.
The disk clean-up utility which comes built-in into the Windows operating system will only delete temporary, cache, and log files created over time by the operating system as well other programs installed onto the computer.
The good news is that disk clean-up does not delete documents, programs or any other type of file that the computer needs. This makes it a very easy and safe way to free up some space on your hard drive. It is very important that there is always some disk space free as Windows updates sometimes will require more resources to be installed.
To run it, please follow the list below:
- In the search box on the taskbar, type disk clean-up. When it comes up, right-click it and select run as administrator.
- It will ask you which drive to clean.
- It will begin to identify which files need to be removed.
- A window will pop asking what you want to be deleted. A lot of the items will be automatically selected for deletion.
- Once the items have been selected, press ok. The program will then start to delete all the unnecessary files.
This method should help you to save a little bit of space every so often.
More information can be found on Microsoft’s website: HERE