Do you remember that icon that always sat on the top-left corner of your computer screen? That’s right, the shortcut on your desktop that you clicked on and used to navigate almost anywhere on your PC. I am sure you remember it, we have all used “My Computer” before. Unfortunately, in more recent versions of Windows, this shortcut was done away with or at least it isn’t there by default.
Follow the steps below to get the forgotten shortcut back:
- Step 1: Go onto your desktop screen
- Step 2: Right-click on the desktop and select “Personalize”
- Step 3: From the left-hand menu, select “Themes”. Then click on “Desktop icon settings”.
- Step 4: You will see some checkboxes, click on the checkbox beside “Computer”.
- Step 5: Click “Apply”, then press “OK” and you will see the shortcut on your desktop.