The Hiberfil.sys hidden system file is located in the root folder of the drive where the operating system is installed. It can use up precious space if your computer doesn’t have much free.
You can disable hibernation (which in turns deletes the file) by following these steps.
- Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
- In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.
- When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
- At the command prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate off, and then press Enter.
- Type exit, and then press Enter to close the Command Prompt window.