We have found another issue from upgrading to Windows 10 where Outlook can not send email anymore. All the mail server settings appear correct and even a test message is successful.
The error message details are as follows;
Sending’ reported error (0x800CCC13): ‘Cannot connect to the network. Verify your network connection or modem’
To recover from the issue, you must run the Microsoft Windows Resource Checker tool, also know as “System File Checker” or “sfc”. This tool scans and verifies the integrity of all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct versions.
- Right click on the Start button of Windows and choose: Command Prompt (Admin).
- Then type: sfc /scannow (please note that there is a space in the command)
- Wait until the process completes which should take about 20 minutes.
- Once completed restart your computer and the problem should be resolved.
I came across this issue today where a customer could not see any previews of the pictures in his picture library and only the icons where shown.
To fix this I had to do the following;
- Within File Explorer (previously known as Windows Explorer)
- Click Organize and then Folder and Search Options.
- Click on the View tab and Uncheck ‘Always show icons, and never thumbnails’ and then click Apply.
Microsoft has announced that support for Windows XP SP3 and Office 2003 will end in April 2014. This basically means that you will no longer get any security updates or support on these products after that day. More information can be found in the Microsoft Article below.
Support Ends in 2014 for XP and Office 2013!
If you need any help of advice please speak to us about the best upgrade routes for your business.