Did you know that running your computer with a full hard drive can slow down your machine considerably? This is where disk clean-up comes in.
The disk clean-up utility which comes built-in into the Windows operating system will only delete temporary, cache, and log files created over time by the operating system as well other programs installed onto the computer.
The good news is that disk clean-up does not delete documents, programs or any other type of file that the computer needs. This makes it a very easy and safe way to free up some space on your hard drive. It is very important that there is always some disk space free as Windows updates sometimes will require more resources to be installed.
To run it, please follow the list below:
- In the search box on the taskbar, type disk clean-up. When it comes up, right-click it and select run as administrator.
- It will ask you which drive to clean.
- It will begin to identify which files need to be removed.
- A window will pop asking what you want to be deleted. A lot of the items will be automatically selected for deletion.
- Once the items have been selected, press ok. The program will then start to delete all the unnecessary files.
This method should help you to save a little bit of space every so often.
More information can be found on Microsoft’s website: HERE
What is HEIC?
High Efficiency Image File Format (HEIC)
HEIC is format used by default on photos on iOS 11 and higher for iPhone and iPad,
The format was designed and implemented to save storage space on your device but keeping the high-quality photos you expect from your iPhone. But with a big change like this you can expect a few compatibility issues that can cause issues viewing photos outside of Apple Products.
The Images are automatically converted when uploading to social media like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter.
iOS 11 does have an inbuilt tool to automatically transfer photos and videos in a compatible format for Mac or PC users. Which you would expect should be as simple as plugging into a Windows machine but in most cases does not work as expected.
You can turn off the HEIC setting from your device so that it will automatically take photos in JPEG Format by following the steps below
Settings > Camera > Formats > Most Compatible
There is also a very simple and free tool that I recommend using if you ever get to the stage of having photos stuck in the HEIC format that you need to convert.
It a great free and easy to use website which allows you to convert up to 50 photos at one time and download it as a folder with all the photos converted in JPEG.
TC-IT Services are very pleased to announce that we have become a Microsoft Authorised Education Partner (AEP). This means that we will be able to offer a vast range of Microsoft Office 365 products and services tailored to your school, academy or other educational instituation.
There are so many benefits of moving your school to Office 365. Firstly, the standard Office 365 Education packages are completely free of charge. This gives you business-class email, contacts and calendars, as well as cloud file storage with OneDrive/SharePoint and collaboration tools to increase productivity.
As a Microsoft Authorised Education Partner, we can provision your insititution’s Office 365 portal, managing your product and service licensing, taking out all of the administrative headache from you.
Here are some of the main products and services that come bundled free of charge with the standard package:
- Business Class Email with 50 GB mailbox capacity
- Web versions of Word, PowerPoint, Excel, OneNote, and Outlook
- Unlimited personal cloud storage
- Inform and engage with communication team sites throughout your intranet using SharePoint
- Microsoft Teams, a digital hub that integrates the conversations, content, and apps your school needs to be more collaborative and engaged
- Self-grading quizzes with Forms
- Digital storytelling with Sway
- Rights management, data loss prevention, and encryption
- Plan schedules and daily tasks with Microsoft Teams
- HD video conferencing with Skype for Business
- Advanced email with archiving
If you would like to speak to one of our Microsoft Authorised Education Partner (AEP) specialists, please contact us.
Click here to view our Microsoft AEP Certificate
Also, please visit the Microsoft website for more information: Office 365 Education Plans